This course discusses every issue related to the best day in the life of a Muslim – The Day of Jumu’ah. In this course you will learn about the lofty status of this day as stated in the Qur’an and Sunnah, major historical events, many fiqh related issues concerning it, how to pray the Jumu’ah prayer and even how to deliver a ‘khutbah’.
“O you who have believed, when [the adhan] is called for the prayer on the day of Jumu’ah, then proceed to the remembrance of Allah and leave trade. That is better for you, if you only knew.” [Surah Jumu’ah, 62: 9]
The course will cover a detailed study of the Khutbahs of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), current issues regarding Jumu’ah, issues to avoid when delivering a khutbah, how to benefit from a boring khutbah and much more.
In this course, you will,
- Understand the importance and status of the Day of Jumu’ah.
- Identify the various subtopics related to the Day of Jumu’ah.
- Understand all the issues and actions before and after the Friday khutbah and prayer
- Strong understanding of the fiqh of the Khutbah and Prayer.
- Identify the opinions of scholars regarding various issues of Fiqh related to the Day of Jumu’ah
- Study those matters that are to be avoided on a Friday.
- Answering the most important and frequent questions that people have about Prayer of the Day of Jumu’ah.
- How to deliver an effective lecture on the Day of Jumu’ah.
Key highlights of the course:
- A detailed study of the Khutbahs of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
- Current issues regarding Jumu’ah
- Basic overview of Surah Kahf
- Public speaking tips
- Issues to avoid when delivering a khutbah
- Top ten terrible khutbahs
- How to benefit from a boring khutbah
- Writing your own khutbah!