The Hajj is the single most important and magnificent experience for a Muslim. It is a demonstration of submission to Allah and solidarity of the ummah.
Journey of the Hearts will look at the essentials of this journey of a lifetime. If this is the year you are planning to perform Hajj, this online course will provide you with all the information required for your mental, spiritual and practical preparation.
And proclaim to mankind the Hajj. They will come to you on foot and on every lean camel, they will come from every deep and distant mountain highway. (Surat al-Hajj, 22:27)
In this course, you will be taken step by step through the Hajj rites. It is often overwhelming to be among some 3 million Muslims of various languages in a foreign land. This course will help you plan your journey and prepare for the expected and the unexpected.
Firstly, you will gain familiarity with all the rites of Hajj. A step by step study of the obligations according to the Sunnah of the Prophet (sullallahu alayhi wa sallam). In this fiqh based part of the course you will cover topics including:
- The virtues & wisdoms of the Hajj
- Upon whom the Hajj is obligated
- Performing Hajj on behalf of another person
- The points of Maqat and the issues surrounding them
- The various types of Hajj
- The Ihram the prohibitions while in it and the penalties for violating it.
- The Umrah, the Tawaf & the Sai.
- The days of Hajj in Mina, Arafat & Muzdalifah.
Thereafter you will be instructed by Ustadh Ismail Davids who has many years of experience as a Hajj guide. His goal is to prepare you with the practicality of such a blessed journey in the blessed land. Your Ebook course binder is designed to be your guide in this blessed and spiritual journey and includes a full checklist to refresh your memory.
1. To explain the importance of Hajj and Umrah.
2. To teach the fiqh of Hajj.
3. To impart a good understanding of how to put the theory of fiqh into practice.
4. To help prepare for the practical aspects of travelling to Saudi Arabia for Hajj.
5. To give some tips and tricks for Hajj.